Miranda!!

So I follow Miranda on Twitter @mermhart. She doesn't say much, but when she tweeted she was coming to Sydney I clicked on the link and bought 4 tickets pretty much straight away. I wasn't sure who would come with me, but what I was confident of, was that SOMEONE would.

Cause Miranda is AWESOME.

For those that don't know, Miranda is 6'1'' tall (that's EXACTLY my height), British and fully silly. She's so funny that I watch her, on my own, with only ferrets for company, and laugh. A lot. OUT LOUD.

So within 24 hours or so, Bec, Elsie and Jess G were coming with me. And last Saturday night 1st February, we went.

Our tickets were amazing. The front row of the 2nd section (LEG ROOM PEOPLE) and in the middle. The first act was predictably fantastic - my mouth (because I had my wisdom teeth out the day before) was really sore from laughing.

And then she asked for volunteers (two singles) to go on a date. A guy got up. From where I was, I could see he was as tall as Miranda (so not going to be embarrassingly much shorter than me) and I thought quickly - if I get up there and do this I'll get to meet Miranda!! So I got up.

The next thing I knew, I was on the stage, legs trembling, standing right next to MIRANDA HART!!! OMG OMG OMG!!! These things I do... sometimes I am a LEETLE impulsive.

She took us out the back and her assistant and her ushered us into this little room, marked "Date" (but it was in French... I don't remember what the exactly words were).

The room had a table, two chairs, a bottle of wine, two glasses, some peanuts and a list of topics. They were things like "your most embarrassing moment", "what do you wear to bed", etc.  Miranda and her assistant came in and asked us to pose for a bunch of photos, including the guy (whose name I've ALREADY forgotten) holding a rose in his teeth. It was all very set up.

Then they left us. Our date was for the entire of intermission so we just chatted.  The guy worked in finance, he'd moved to Sydney from Melbourne, he liked AFL (St Kilda - I remember the team but not his name), and when asked to give three words about himself he said: "Awesome Awesome Awesome".

I wasn't attracted at all.

At the end of intermission, they came and asked us to come back out. The guy said we should walk out holding hands, so we did. Miranda asked us about our date and then said to whisper out of 10 whether we thought we thought each other was 10 (the perfect life partner) and 0 (never see again). I heard him whisper "6" but I'd already decided to give him "8" because I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I did.

Miranda then predictably announced our results to the world as we ran back to our seats.

The rest of the show passed in a bit of a blur, with me alternately saying to myself "THAT WAS AWESOME" and "OMG I DID THAT. I JUST DID THAT."

When we left at the end of the night, a bunch of women came up to me and said well done.  I crept out to my car, trying to hide (*not easy when you're 6'1'') and drove home.

I had a date. But more importantly, I got to meet MIRANDA!!!

Comments

  1. I've never heard of Miranda til now, but I totally want to check her out! So awesome you got to meet her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good on you. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June

Community

Not worried