What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil. 

It is a ridiculous thing. The entire month of March has been spent... in nothingness. A bit of working from home, a bit of dragging myself in to work at work (a foolhardy and stupid endeavour that ended in exhaustion and banishment from the office for at least 10 days), a lot of reading, a lot of sleeping and a lot of DVDs.

What are you if you're not working? Well, I am a mist that appears for a little while then vanishes.

The past month has shown me that it's possible to delegate a lot of my job, with a great deal of emailing and talking to people. It's shown me that it's possible to delegate training. It's shown me it's possible to be exhausted by doing nothing more than going out for a coffee. It's shown me that the psychological burden of managing over 100 people solely is way beyond what someone can cope with when they have glandular fever. It's shown me that one can be extremely tired but at the same time desperate for human company. It's shown me that planning out your day involves doing one thing or one job and that's the day done. It's shown me that getting meals delivered by your friends is one of the greatest joys you can have when you're sick.

What do I miss? I miss my girls' bible study. I miss swimming. I miss boxing. I miss my personal trainer. I miss working out. I miss being able to do things without thinking about how much energy they will take. I miss being able to go the whole day without needing to lie down several times.

Other than that, things outside my life that I have been struggling with? Well, one of my best friends was in casualty and then told she probably had cancer. That was heaps awful. Thankfully we finally found out she doesn't but has a less serious but chronic illness. My brother in law does have cancer. The cricket situation with Warner, Smith and Bancroft has broken my patriotic heart.

And that's March.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not worried

Community