February

BLURGH I hate February. I hate the sticky heat. I hate being sweaty running training. I hate the fact that it's busy at work. I hate the fact that there's a huge pressure to get everything ready. I hate the hot nights and lack of sleep.

I hate February.

But this February was ok. That's because I bought a portable air conditioner, so basically once I bought it the temperature stopped being as crazy at night and I've been sleeping (sort of). I've been struggling to stay awake and so I end up sleeping early and waking at 5.30am.  And then I struggle again the following night and the same thing happens.

Of course, I've been sleeping a lot. Stress is making my fatigue worse, and there's been plenty of stress in February.  I did lots of interviewing - interviewing for the new admin person (the person we chose is AMAZING but she didn't start until the 25th Feb), arguing with my colleague over who was the best candidate (my boss sided with me thankfully), recruiting late drop outs in nursing and in mechanics of solids, doing lots of training in CLARA and also new leader training and senior leader training. I've often felt really sick - like I have the flu - and so I haven't done a lot of exercise. I made it to the gym twice in February though! And I swam 6km over the month. Which isn't much. But it's better than none I guess.

I had hoped to go back to the gym at work, but I haven't made it yet. February is a month where I want to swim, not sit in a gym.  And also I often feel so ill after work I don't want to go to the gym and the pool seems a bit easier.

I made the good decision to divide the scheduling up between 2 leaders, and got an admin person to help as well with lots of other tasks (one of the scheduling leaders) which has been so great. The leader I chose has been really excellent and a huge help. And now I have K too 2 days a week. And she's already being a useful source of support, advice, reassurance and someone to bounce things with. It's really so very great.

Dad came to visit briefly in early Feb and we ordered Uber Eats. I've eaten a lot of Uber eats since, mainly burgers. I need to stop ordering burgers. They are not healthy. I tried a vietnamese vermicelli chicken salad - that was yummy. So need to make a better choice.

I'm keeping going with counselling but eating isn't much better.  So easy to hope to change, so hard to change when it comes to the choice each meal. I'm trying. I am trying.

This blog post has no structure, but I'm tired, and it's late and who cares.

The big stress issue was that my strata has been useless and then they told me I'd have to pay $350 to paint my door. The tax office also wrote to me to say that my tax income was too high and I owed $350 because of health insurance rebate being too much. I emailed back as I didn't understand because of what I thought my income was,  but no reply to that yet. Last night I realised at midnight that the painters were due to come today so I painted my door at midnight, badly. But at least it was painted. I"m not paying $350 for painting a door I can paint myself for $50.  I'll need another coat at some point but no rush.

I have made two pavlovas this month. One last week for a friend's housewarming party (which unexpectedly had 50 people) and one tonight (2nd) for a dinner party.  That's the only cooking I've done in 2019 apart from cooking porridge for breakfast which involves microwaving oats and water. It's tiring but really the main thing is separating the eggs. Once that's done, the thermomix does all the mixing and then the oven does all the cooking.

I'm still trying to listen to the fatigue people and take rests but work is really hard to take rests and my couch I've been resting on has been taken over by students now.  I think I'll have to resort to lying on my office floor with the door shut :(  I might take my new gym mat in to make it nicer.

I took a day off to go visit my friend D in hospital, which was a really good decision. I wanted to say goodbye and I couldn't see how I could do it on a Saturday after working all week. It's just too far and too much. So I took a day off and then went to Balmoral afterwards, but accidentally packed a gym top instead of swimmers, so I didn't swim.

Each weekend I've mostly managed to do something fun.  On 2nd Feb I had brunch with my friend Catherine, and then the church had a BBQ on 3rd. I needed to lie down though. I should've just gone home but I wanted to socialise. I was too sick though.

I made it to youth bible study the following week which was nice to be well enough to attend. I had brunch with Nana on the 9th which was lovely. On the 16th I had the women's breakfast, but the talk was awful and really not edifying, and then I had lunch with T&A and Annelies came over, which was great.

Last weekend I finally got to Bunnings to get more gaffer tape and I had the friend's housewarming an hour away. I made the sensible decision to get a lift.  But it was hard on the way home as my friend's baby hadn't slept and was very upset.

This morning I went over to visit Mum in hospital after her surgery and then tonight I went out to a dinner party with J & A and the Carrs.

And today Elsie and I booked a cruise in June which is super exciting because I have a fancy holiday to look forward to. And hopefully Darwin in September. I need to book those flights with my vouchers from last year before they expire.

I'm so sick of being sick. But at least February is over for another year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not worried

Community