10,000 reasons why life sucks at the moment (or July)

This morning I was on singing, but my usual singing brother-in-arms is on kids church this month so I was on solo. I woke up and I had no voice - it had gone, sayonara, bye bye, so cue hot steamy shower, coughing, gargling and trying to warm up my voice.

I made it through the service, but after the second of the songs at the start of the service, 10,000 reasons, I just wanted to lie down.

Hence the title of this post.

But I also think it's actually a bit true. Life is pretty hard at the moment. I thought I had adjusted to my "new" empty life - nothing on during the week except work, socialise on Saturday (just one thing!!) and church and swim on Sunday, but then a few weeks ago I woke up coughing at 4am on Sunday morning and I got sicker during the week, before finally going to the doctor on Wednesday.  He said if I wasn't better by Friday to get antibiotics, and I wasn't, so I did.

It meant I had to run training on Tuesday and Thursday quite sick, and it wasn't that fun. I had to use the microphone on Thursday which wasn't ideal - as it promotes the sage on stage approach.  But whatever I have to do to get through it!

I've had a few invitations over July that I've been too sick to go to, and that's been really disappointing, and then the one week I wasn't too sick, it got cancelled. So that's not helped.

But the worst bit of July was when I just fell apart after taking someone out to brunch, and then I had to do study, and I was so stuck, and I haven't been doing very well, and I had a complete meltdown. I contacted the study people and they arranged a week's extension, so instead of my exam having to be done by this Thursday, I have another weekend.  Which is good, because this weekend I've been so tired I've barely started my exam prep.

Most of the month I've been too sick to exercise, and we know that "exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy and happy people don't shoot their husbands" ooops ... but yes, that impacts on my mood and my mood is BAD. 

Anyway, what I've concluded from this month is:
- Depressed I can still get the basics done, even if stuff like the 3 baskets of washing just sits there on my dining table mocking me until it decreases in size because I wear it
- I miss exercise, and being doubly ill with bronchitis and CFS really sucks way more than one or the other does
- Most of my socialising now seems to be done with ex-leaders at lunch times
- Getting meals from friends is really good when you can't be bothered existing
- Study plus bronchitis, plus CFS, plus work is not a fun combination

Dear God: Please let August be better than July. Love Georgina


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June

Community

Not worried