April, such as it was....
This long term chronic illness is not fun. It is not fun at all. It is un-fun. In extremis.
But it would be easy to whinge about how exhausted I get, how no matter how much sleep I get I am always tired, to complain about what is wrong, rather than rejoice in the good things.
So, in this monthly update, I am going to rejoice in the good things.
But it would be easy to whinge about how exhausted I get, how no matter how much sleep I get I am always tired, to complain about what is wrong, rather than rejoice in the good things.
So, in this monthly update, I am going to rejoice in the good things.
- Work has settled down a bit. Being back part-time means that I can direct things much more easily, and take on a project manager role much more readily. Sure I am behind in many things, but the most important and urgent things are getting done.
- It looks like I'll need to recruit about 20 newbies or so for Spring. I thought it might be more than that, so I'm pleased it's about the same as normal (or just slightly higher).
- I managed to have lunch with my work friend Sarah, who now works in a different area of UTS. That was lovely. I miss eating meals with people so thankfully I finally made lunch with her.
- I had a bible study dinner with my gorgeous bible study which was an excellent highlight and fun, especially the question "What did you do after school?" which relates so strongly to the work I do. It was lovely to go to Dearne's house and get away from my four walls
- I was able to go away with Muna and Al for 2 days down to Kiama to their friends' house. Very thankful for lovely Christians who share their beautiful home for free with strangers like me.
- I went to the swimming at the Commonwealth Games. Very thankful for Mandy who put in for tickets and cheered herself hoarse alongside me and for Mandy's parents who hosted me, although most of the time I was not able to do much except rest in their spare room
I'm also going to rejoice in what God is teaching me:
- Not being able to serve much at church doesn't mean I don't matter to others or to God
- Hospitality and being cared for are wonderful soothings for the soul and I hope to be able to be more hospitable myself when I get well
- Many people praying for me is a wonderful relief for the weary soul
- Being so tired means my cognitive capacity is diminished, but once again, I am still loved by God and others, even if my quick fire 5G brain is firing at 486Kb instead
- It is very humbling to accept cleaning help from your 78 year old mother and has made me grateful for her this month
- God bless Facebook. Without FB I would feel so alone. I am glad I live in an age where FB and social media exists.
- I have spent a lot of time crying out to God and crying into my pillow asking him to heal me. It is good to know he hears.
Comments
Post a Comment