April May June
Argh, it's June. JUNE!!! I haven't properly blogged the last two months so I'm going to dump and run. That sounds bad.
Work:
- K is amazing and so good and life is so much easier when I have someone to talk through all the thorny issues you face with managing 110 people
- She has been helping with interviews and it's really good being able to properly debrief with someone and not having to do the interviews solo but also to trust her judgement.
- I got asked to write another blogpost which is pretty cool because it was published last week.
- I did a course "Finance for non-finance managers" which was more interesting than I expected but I'm glad I don't work in accounting!!
- I am in a PODCAST!!
- I spoke at the Student Experience Transformation Summit on 3 days notice!!
Church
- Still managing to sing at morning church but not much else. No bible study in the evenings.
- Trying to get to work bible study Monday lunch, which is mostly working.
- We had a lovely women's weekend away in Leura which was just what I needed.
Health:
- Trying to rest each day mid-morning - hasn't been happening much during interviews.
- Not really getting better but trying to exercise twice a week - gym during the week and swim on Sundays
- Still mostly managing full-time with an occasional sick day
Friends:
- My friend Mark T graduated with his PhD so I got to have lunch with him and Natalie. It felt circa 2012.
- I went to see Oklahoma with my friend E and her friend and it was AWFUL. The lead singers were good but the story BLURGH and the orchestra out of tune BLURGH BLURGH.
- My friend V had her first Spread the Cheer since returning from China and it was good to see her and S again.
- I am continuing to enjoy dinners with Christine and her family a lot
- My friend J disowned me which hurt a lot
Study:
- After much to and fro, I decided to start studying another CCEF subject "Counseling Problems and Procedures" - thinking that I could always withdraw if my health got worse. Thankfully my RI is Australian and I know her, which helps.
Holidays:
- I went to see my cousin and her family up in Tamworth over the Anzac Day weekend which was good. We made cake pops, went out to dinner and saw a stupid teen romance death movie and practised netball skills
- I have a cruise next week with E to Moreton Island
- I have booked Darwin for September
- It turns out I am a SOUTH AFRICAN citizen!!!
Family:
- My uncle was super sick in St Vincents so I visited him and took his kindle
- My stepmother had her leg amputated (!!)
- My brother-in-law has an infection
- My mother wants me to look after her as she needs to get her spine fused in July
Ok, that's it I guess.
Work:
- K is amazing and so good and life is so much easier when I have someone to talk through all the thorny issues you face with managing 110 people
- She has been helping with interviews and it's really good being able to properly debrief with someone and not having to do the interviews solo but also to trust her judgement.
- I got asked to write another blogpost which is pretty cool because it was published last week.
- I did a course "Finance for non-finance managers" which was more interesting than I expected but I'm glad I don't work in accounting!!
- I am in a PODCAST!!
- I spoke at the Student Experience Transformation Summit on 3 days notice!!
Church
- Still managing to sing at morning church but not much else. No bible study in the evenings.
- Trying to get to work bible study Monday lunch, which is mostly working.
- We had a lovely women's weekend away in Leura which was just what I needed.
Health:
- Trying to rest each day mid-morning - hasn't been happening much during interviews.
- Not really getting better but trying to exercise twice a week - gym during the week and swim on Sundays
- Still mostly managing full-time with an occasional sick day
Friends:
- My friend Mark T graduated with his PhD so I got to have lunch with him and Natalie. It felt circa 2012.
- I went to see Oklahoma with my friend E and her friend and it was AWFUL. The lead singers were good but the story BLURGH and the orchestra out of tune BLURGH BLURGH.
- My friend V had her first Spread the Cheer since returning from China and it was good to see her and S again.
- I am continuing to enjoy dinners with Christine and her family a lot
- My friend J disowned me which hurt a lot
Study:
- After much to and fro, I decided to start studying another CCEF subject "Counseling Problems and Procedures" - thinking that I could always withdraw if my health got worse. Thankfully my RI is Australian and I know her, which helps.
Holidays:
- I went to see my cousin and her family up in Tamworth over the Anzac Day weekend which was good. We made cake pops, went out to dinner and saw a stupid teen romance death movie and practised netball skills
- I have a cruise next week with E to Moreton Island
- I have booked Darwin for September
- It turns out I am a SOUTH AFRICAN citizen!!!
Family:
- My uncle was super sick in St Vincents so I visited him and took his kindle
- My stepmother had her leg amputated (!!)
- My brother-in-law has an infection
- My mother wants me to look after her as she needs to get her spine fused in July
Ok, that's it I guess.
Comments
Post a Comment