June

Ahhh June.  It's the longed for month in higher ed as we hit exams and my classes stop.  We finished interviewing and sent out the offers and then I wrote back to about 10 people who asked for feedback.

Giving feedback is hard. Particularly when they really weren't very good.
It's easy when they were good - you can just say that. But to help someone who needs it to grow, and not get sued? That's hard.

What happened in June?  Well I caught up with Nana. I am always astounded that leaders from my team want to meet up - I also met up with Luya as well at the end of the month and she bought me lunch.  And I had brunch with Laila. Basically my only socialising is with my old leaders!!

In not so exciting news, I couldn't charge my laptop and I took it to the store last Monday and they couldn't help me until tomorrow (1 July) and I cried and I have borrowed a laptop and I'll take that one in if I ever get energy.

I have mostly made my exercise goal of a swim and gym, although last Sunday I was really sick after the cruise so I did nothing but I snorkelled during the cruise and did a Zumba class and did a gym session so I didn't feel bad.

I heard from a lady on Twitter that she'd been taking D ribose for CFS so I bought 5 bottles but it's only been 2 days and I don't feel any different.

I got asked to review a module for Scripture teacher training and they paid me $150! That was pretty cool. I have another module to review but I have said can it wait until my study is over because that's taking most of my energy outside work.  I also got asked to write a post for CASE magazine! I can't believe people want to read what I've written.

I cooked one meal (apart from breakfast) but it took me two days to clean up.

I am studying but only getting an average of about 90 which is not that good for me but I think I don't care as long as I'm trying. Weekly assignments of 1200 words (3 x 400 words) plus a discussion post is pretty full on and there's 2-3 hours of lectures per week. I worked out how to take notes on the lecture on my commute (but only in the mornings as in the evenings I am too weary to concentrate and I just listen to music).

I went and saw E perform at the state level and she came 3rd and I was so proud of her I cried because she did so well and she looked so good and I was like … AWWWW.   I haven't made it to any dinners for the last 3 weeks because of the cruise, then they were sick, then I had strata meeting and this Thursday I have nominators meeting.

I signed up to be a nominator because I thought it was a nothing job, but our MINISTER IS LEAVING and I'm very sad about that.  And now I have to recruit a new minister for the church. I'm glad it's a committee of 5 but the bureaucracy of the Anglican Church nomination process is EXTRAORDINARY.

Mum has had her surgery and I took her cake for her birthday and flowers.

But the main thing I did this month was go on a cruise with Elsie and it was SUPER fun.

We boarded in the afternoon and I listened to a didgeridoo player at Circular Quay and then we got on board and we booked our dinners and we had amazing dinners the three nights - Italian the first night (I had arancini balls and pumpkin ravioli which were both ok, but then the cannoli for dessert was lovely.

Our beds were nice but I struggled to sleep with another person in the room and strange environment which I think contributed to my collapse after I got back.

Day 2 I read my book until Elsie woke up and we got breakfast and then we sat on the deck in the sun and it was lovely and read. I didn't feel like swimming (fatigue) plus it wasn't a big pool and there were lots of kids. We had an early lunch and I had some ordinary pasta but yummy mash and sausages and peas and then a sleep. Els and I walked 3 times around the deck which was fun (except for the smokers section) and I felt very Titanic-y.  Then we went to the gym which was nice to do with a friend and got ready for dinner. Dinner was at the Waterfront and we had great beef and chips and passion fruit and white chocolate and coconut icecream. That was really nice. There was the Great Gatsby party but we just went back to the room. So many fancy people dressed up though which was nice.

Day 3 - we had fancy breakfast at the Waterfront (poached eggs and feta) and then we got ready for our tour and got on the boat to shore which had to go around the sand bar so was much longer than it should've been. But yay for not shipwreck. We went to the snorkelling tour and they made us wear a wetsuit but then the water was quite cold so that was good. I didn't need the guide but it was nice to hear the commentary and I helped the other swimmers because I was super efficient and equipped compared to them. She asked us to rate our swimming skill out of 10 and I said 10 :P

After snorkelling we went back to the main area and had coke and icecream and I bought some water and then we wandered in the shops and I bought some postcards and more chocolate and then we queued up for the boat back to the ship. I was pretty wrecked but we went up to the buffet and had late lunch of fish and chips and then I had a sleep.

That night we went to the Asian themed restaurant which was also super yummy but I don't remember what we ate exactly.  We were supposed to share a table with another couple but they didn't turn up.  Then we went back to the room and watched Murder on the Orient Express and I remembered the ending just before it was revealed.

On Day 4 we slept until 9 and then had Zumba class and did a deck walk to cool down and then had early lunch at Luke's (Mangan's). It cost $14 which included a drink and the nicest burger I've ever had and chips (it was definitely subsidised) but it was also a lovely view out over the deck. We played some word games and sudoku and then I got the news about my minister which made me sad.

And then I went and saw A Star Is Born which I didn't see last year because fatigue and that made me SADDER.  I had a rest but I probably should've slept because then I went up to dinner and had nachos and we watched Rock Anthems trhough the Ages which was pretty good, except one of the female singers didn't control her big notes very well eeeeeekkk.

The last morning we went back to Waterfront and had a burrito and E ate nothing and it was time to get off and go

My nemesis

Me and Nana having lunch
Having lunch at Luke Mangans on the cruise 


5 bottles of D ribose from overseas. No miracle result yet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not worried

Community