New Testament 1

So last year, after my 3rd enrolment, I finally completed Intro to the Bible (which is a Moore College correspondence course subject). I had decided that seeing as I studied secular stuff part time from 2003-2007, I should do some bible type study. I had enrolled in Intro to the Bible 3 times, and Romans twice, and never completed any of it.

So this year, GD, together with Bec, TP and DK, all from church, decided that we'd study New Testament 1 (Mark). And so we began.

We've been trying to meet regularly on Sundays at Bec's place, and when I've made it it's been great fun. I've certainly got to know everyone better, and Bec has been an awesome hostess. Which of course would come as no surprise to those who know our dear sister.

I've been left strangely unmoved by the study of Mark. Most of the time I've been a bit bored, and haven't been very inspired. That kinda changed tonight.

I was reading on the bus on the way home, no easy feat with both my elbows tucked hard against my body and my knees up against the seat in front, and I started to get overwhelmed once more by the historical authenticity of the Bible, by the amazing prophecies that predicted everything, by Jesus' responses to those who wanted to kill him.

Anyway, the exam's coming up and I need to do lots of study between now and then. It's great to have the wonder about Jesus have come back.

Comments

  1. Oh yay!! Praise God! that's great :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks. :)

    And hooray! Glad it's coming alive for you. I have to get stuck into it too...been very slack with my study.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June

Community

Not worried