Wrote this a year ago. Worth preserving
A little piece to paint another portrait of childhood I wrote:
Call the Police
What do I think
About you and your stripes
That badge, that gun
That authority?
I remember Reno
The crash, the plates, the yelling.
Hiding in fear
I remember Corriston
eating lollies
in the neighbour’s living room
scared to go home.
I remember trying to reach
for the phone
on the wall
Being told off
by my Dad
Don’t ring!
I remember the blood
Going down his face
The glasses broken
The food
Sprayed across the bedroom
The hold
I remember
The car chases
The fear
I remember the spotlight
In the bushes
Is she hiding
Yes
I am hiding
From you
You scare me
Running through
the neighbourhood
Can I ever go home
I remember
hiding in the bathroom
There’s no window
to look in
We are not here
Please leave us alone
We are scared
I remember
the car
down the street
in the playground
I remember
the terror
the fear
the panic
the despair
I remember
Call the Police
What do I think
About you and your stripes
That badge, that gun
That authority?
I remember Reno
The crash, the plates, the yelling.
Hiding in fear
I remember Corriston
eating lollies
in the neighbour’s living room
scared to go home.
I remember trying to reach
for the phone
on the wall
Being told off
by my Dad
Don’t ring!
I remember the blood
Going down his face
The glasses broken
The food
Sprayed across the bedroom
The hold
I remember
The car chases
The fear
I remember the spotlight
In the bushes
Is she hiding
Yes
I am hiding
From you
You scare me
Running through
the neighbourhood
Can I ever go home
I remember
hiding in the bathroom
There’s no window
to look in
We are not here
Please leave us alone
We are scared
I remember
the car
down the street
in the playground
I remember
the terror
the fear
the panic
the despair
I remember
Comments
Post a Comment