Hanging out at home
So yesterday I went to the doctor. Took most of my energy. The day before I did some washing and putting away some stuff and tidying my room. Today I washed up and cleaned the ferret stuff.
The rest of the time I have been sitting/lying on my bed. Watching TV (mostly taped). On the internet, reading and commenting on some stuff. Doing cross-stitch (only managed that today as it feels quite tiring). Playing solitaire and freecell on my mobile. The other day I did some SCUBA study (so far about 8 hours spent on it) and 2 hours to go. But I got stuck trying to understand how to read dive tables (couldn't concentrate as I was a bit tired).
I'm sleeping about 11 hours a day too.
It's kind of nice. To have internet and talk to people via that is cool. To have plenty of TV taped to watch is nice. To have some books to read is nice too.
But it's kind of exasperating also. And lonely. I think I'd be more lonely if I wasn't so tired.
Today I haven't talked to anyone. Not a single soul. Except for my 2 furry friends. It's weird. Oh, and a couple of words to my flatmate. But that's it.
My days are completely empty. So today's empty. Tomorrow will be empty too. Friday I have to go back to the doctor to get the results.
But it is nice to have all these good distracting things. I haven't done my NT1 study - I should, but it's a bit much for my brain. It feels ... um... fuzzy.
I'm trying to suppress my fear that this is a long term thing. That I'm going to end up destitute because I'm too tired to do my job. It's been over 3 weeks now, so that's a long time. And I don't feel able to do any exercise. More's the point, I don't miss it. My body isn't going "please, take me for a walk" like it normally is.
I'm sort of sad that I'm losing fitness and that it's going to be harder to get back into it if I get better. I'm sure I'll get better. I hope.
Anyway, I'm not depressed. I'm just uncertain. And tired. So tired.
This blogpost was very disjointed. Sorry about that. It's my brain.
The rest of the time I have been sitting/lying on my bed. Watching TV (mostly taped). On the internet, reading and commenting on some stuff. Doing cross-stitch (only managed that today as it feels quite tiring). Playing solitaire and freecell on my mobile. The other day I did some SCUBA study (so far about 8 hours spent on it) and 2 hours to go. But I got stuck trying to understand how to read dive tables (couldn't concentrate as I was a bit tired).
I'm sleeping about 11 hours a day too.
It's kind of nice. To have internet and talk to people via that is cool. To have plenty of TV taped to watch is nice. To have some books to read is nice too.
But it's kind of exasperating also. And lonely. I think I'd be more lonely if I wasn't so tired.
Today I haven't talked to anyone. Not a single soul. Except for my 2 furry friends. It's weird. Oh, and a couple of words to my flatmate. But that's it.
My days are completely empty. So today's empty. Tomorrow will be empty too. Friday I have to go back to the doctor to get the results.
But it is nice to have all these good distracting things. I haven't done my NT1 study - I should, but it's a bit much for my brain. It feels ... um... fuzzy.
I'm trying to suppress my fear that this is a long term thing. That I'm going to end up destitute because I'm too tired to do my job. It's been over 3 weeks now, so that's a long time. And I don't feel able to do any exercise. More's the point, I don't miss it. My body isn't going "please, take me for a walk" like it normally is.
I'm sort of sad that I'm losing fitness and that it's going to be harder to get back into it if I get better. I'm sure I'll get better. I hope.
Anyway, I'm not depressed. I'm just uncertain. And tired. So tired.
This blogpost was very disjointed. Sorry about that. It's my brain.
Comments
Post a Comment