S

So a couple of weeks ago, I had a few days off work. I went to the doctor. He said I had pharyngitis and said I should take it easy for a while.

So that week I pulled out of our church's Delightful night, I pulled out of volunteer swimming, I pulled out of bible study, I pulled out (the morning of) my psychologist's appointment (apparently she's going to charge me $170 because I didn't give 24 hours notice, not that I've paid it yet), and I didn't go to work 3 days out of 5.

That weekend, I drove to Canberra and helped my sister move all her stuff out of her shared apartment, into a new place (it was quite traumatic, but I am not going to talk about that). Then I went to get the lock on my car fixed (it was still under the 3 month warranty) and spent some time with my aunt and grandma before going back to Sydney.

The following week I pulled out of volunteer swimming, I pulled out of bible study, and I did no exercise, apart from going to and from work. That Friday night I had a work dinner, and then the following night I had a friend's birthday dinner. I went to both, but left earlier than normal.

Then this last week, I did no exercise, went back to the doctor, got antibiotics, pulled out of volunteer swimming, pulled out of bible study, and on Thursday night got a lift up to KEC.

This past 3 weeks, every night my neck glands have throbbed. I've had a number of stabbing headaches, and I've been pretty exhausted. So when I worked from 6.50am through to 2.30pm, cooking, cleaning, dicing, chopping; and then worked from 5pm to 6.30pm, cooking and cleaning and serving yesterday, I finally thought I'd kicked it. But today the glands came back. The headache came back. The exhaustion came back. I think I was so concerned about leaving my pastor in the lurch, that I forced myself to go to KEC.

So, today, I was lying down for the third time in as many hours, and I was wondering what to do. Clearly the hard physical work of cooking for 40 people was too much and my body was protesting. Also, clearly, I was stuck at Katoomba because there was no one coming down the mountain. So what did I do? I called my mum.

True to form, she came up the mountain, although she'd never driven on the M4 before. She picked me up, she took me home.

I am glad I have a mother I could ask. What if I didn't? Who would I ask then?

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear that you are still unwell!! Sounds like MORE rest is indeed in order! Oh, I am glad your mum came and got you - yay!! :)

    You know you could ask your friends to help out if your mum could not too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're so sick... we'll try another time to get together... I'm happy to come your way so you don't have to travel as far... Prayers are with ya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June

Community

Not worried