Three of your favourite book characters...
There's a book written by Noel Streatfeild called "Ballet Shoes". In this story is 3 little girls, each adopted by an eccentric GUM (Great Uncle Matthew). I like these three girls a lot. Pauline, Petrova and Posy. I don't have to look that up. I just know.
I like these three girls because they are all different. They all have to work on the stage. Some like it. Petrova hates it. They do what they need to to help their family survive. They work with boarders. They're disciplined. They learn skills. For a novel from 1936 it's pretty progressive for women.
Petrova wants to be a mechanic. Pauline an actress. Posy a ballet dancer.
I love this book. I should read it again.
I like these three girls because they are all different. They all have to work on the stage. Some like it. Petrova hates it. They do what they need to to help their family survive. They work with boarders. They're disciplined. They learn skills. For a novel from 1936 it's pretty progressive for women.
Petrova wants to be a mechanic. Pauline an actress. Posy a ballet dancer.
I love this book. I should read it again.
Oh, I LOVED this book growing up! You've made me want to re-read it! :)
ReplyDelete