What's on your desk today?
Well, at home, I don't have a desk. When I need to, I use the dining table. Though mostly I sit on my bed (under the covers at the moment because my house is cold) and use my laptop. It's becoming a bit problematic because I've borrowed these books for my study and they are now on the dining table because there's nowhere else. But I know that I wouldn't sit at a desk if I had one. So I don't.
At work, my desk is organised into two messy piles - a bunch of files that are vertically held, a plant, a tissue box, a small fan for when I'm hot when I first get to work in summer (there's a lot of walking on my commute and I get hot easily), my computer. Mainly the desk is not used. It's just the computer. Although earlier in the year when I was working with students and their assignments I used the desk more (which meant I needed it to be cleaner!)
My desk doesn't look that neat, but it is organised. And I keep my computer itself mega organised - always closing things I'm not using to try and keep what I'm working on to one thing at a time (which is hard because I'm notoriously bad at concentrating and I tend to switch tasks all the time).
At work, my desk is organised into two messy piles - a bunch of files that are vertically held, a plant, a tissue box, a small fan for when I'm hot when I first get to work in summer (there's a lot of walking on my commute and I get hot easily), my computer. Mainly the desk is not used. It's just the computer. Although earlier in the year when I was working with students and their assignments I used the desk more (which meant I needed it to be cleaner!)
My desk doesn't look that neat, but it is organised. And I keep my computer itself mega organised - always closing things I'm not using to try and keep what I'm working on to one thing at a time (which is hard because I'm notoriously bad at concentrating and I tend to switch tasks all the time).
Comments
Post a Comment