The mental health outcomes for people with chronic fatigue are worse than many other major illnesses. I think this is because of a range of factors, including isolation, loneliness, lack of hope, and no real treatment options. You'll find a study here: https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2015/08/05/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-worse-mulitple-sclerosis-cancer/ So as I journey through my chronic fatigue experience, I am even more conscious of how to keep my mental health out of the toilet, because I know that many of my fellow sufferers would rather have cancer than CFS. That's why, I think, I burst into tears today. Our church has always had a weekend away, a weekend where we would get together, eat (sometimes sub-optimal) food, fellowship, listen to talks, chat, swim, play, etc. But next year it's not happening. We're not going away. We're going to do what many churches have already done, and stay at home. Of course that makes sense for many families. Why eat food ...
Comments
Post a Comment